what to get next...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swiftylee

having signed up to do a charity 54 mile ride i managed to go through the following bikes
trek 29er
giant roam xr2 hybrid
giant rapid 1 on which i did the ride in 4h 9 mins..
i have since bought a carbon frame which is too small.
so with £1000 what do i get...
i have only been cycling for the past 10 weeks at the age of 40

Cyclist33

i dont get it. which of those bikes have you actually got?

maybe you should stop buying if you keep getting the wrong ones!!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You don't say what type you want. You seem to have quite a bit of experience on a different types so you should have a pretty good idea what sort of bike you need. With a grand the world is your oyster, but you need to narrow it down a bit first for anyone to comment.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
RW right's advice sounds good to me. If you're thinking about doing more of those charity ride jobs from time to time, plus some two or three times a week 'keep the wheels turning' type rides, I'd be thinking of a hybrid to start with, or a relaxed geometry road bike. Either way, I'd give myself six months to a year to get used to the bike and to give myself a chance to formulate an opinion as to the next bike.
Do you have any local clubs that do gentle ride outs? Join one of these, and you'll be riding in the company of a range of road bikes and be able to compare notes with other riders. You'll see bikes you like, some you don't like so much, and get some good user opinions to further add to the general confusion of bike choosing!

Top Bottom