What type of luggage do you use when cycling?

What type of luggage do you use when cycling?

• Pannier/rack

• Rucksack/messenger bag

• Handle bar bag/basket

• Saddle bag

• Frame bag

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:Depends what I'm doing and what bike I'm on. No mention of trailer though which I use quite a lot for heavy stuff (potting compost, gravel, sand and cement etc)

young Ed

Veteran
:welcome:Depends what I'm doing and what bike I'm on.
same, i am getting a road bike today and i will be using a saddle bag mainly but i will still commute on the commuter with a rucksack and up until now i have always ridden my one and only bike with no luggage when leisure riding apart from for longer rides such as my first 100 miler for which i had an improvised bar bag
Cheers Ed

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi OP - who are you? You only joined yesterday - it's usual to say a bit more about yourself before asking people to supply information. If you are doing a survey then please say so, and what it is for - many people are happy to help. If you are only looking for info, then you are welcome and will find, using the search facility at the top right of the page, that there are already plenty of threads on this subject which you can join.

Welcome to the forum.

young Ed

Veteran
Hi OP - who are you? You only joined yesterday - it's usual to say a bit more about yourself before asking people to supply information. If you are doing a survey then please say so, and what it is for - many people are happy to help. If you are only looking for info, then you are welcome and will find, using the search facility at the top right of the page, that there are already plenty of threads on this subject which you can join.

Welcome to the forum.
just found he has another thread here
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cycling-luggage.167626/
Hello, I am a university student carrying out research for my final project. The objective of this questionnaire is to develop an understanding as to how people use bicycles in urban areas and what types of luggage they use to carry their belongings around with them. If as many people as possible could fill out this survey I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Cheers Ed

Ganymede

Veteran
Have now done your survey on the other thread.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
@oem, might be worth you reading through my thread here
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/opinions-on-some-bits-and-bobs.167566/post-3340472
originally a thread about what i should have in a saddle bag but it has also turned into a discussion on cycle luggage

these are personally my favourite make of gear and make some great innovative bike luggage
https://www.alpkit.com/bike-luggage
Cheers Ed
I must admit to being an Alpkit fan though I prefer a pannier on the bike, I have used one of their bags strapped on when I don't want a pannier or when travelling with full panniers and hooked onto the rack.

tiermat

Everything BUT a rucksack, reason being that it is the route to a bad back, doing so.

Current favourite is a Frost River Gunflint Trail seat bag, 25L, fits on a SQR and holds everything I could possibly need for a commute, night ride or, indeed, a 1 week tour!

Top Bottom