what was the point in that?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Just had some idiot ring me up and tell me that the car I'm selling he sold for less 2 days ago, and his was a little higher spec.

Well done mate, what you want a facking medal?

Keith Oates

Janner
Some Mothers do ave em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trillian

so was this someone else who had sold a similar car just ringing to say "don't think you'll get that much for it mate" ?

Maz

Guru
I think he (or one of his mates) will soon be coming round to have a look at your car and make an offer for it. A lot less than what you are willing to accept, probably. I think they are trying to sow seeds of doubt in your head about what its true worth is.

ChrisKH

Guru
It's a ploy so when his mate makes you a lower offer you will think twice and maybe accept it. Don't. Just to spite him increase the price. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
My mobile rang yesterday, a number I didn't know, and when I answered, a woman said "Who's that?", sharply. A bit taken aback, I said "My name is Sue, who are you?" and she said, a little fiercely "well, that's my mobile your on, that went missing at the weekend". So I said, "er, no, it's mine. What number did you call?" and she said "07786..." so I cut in and said "sorry, this is 07760, you've got the wrong number" and then she was quite apologetic, but for a moment there, caught off guard and at the end of a tiring day, I found myself thinking "oh, god, I've stolen this woman's phone!..."

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
My mobile rang yesterday, a number I didn't know, and when I answered, a woman said "Who's that?", sharply. A bit taken aback, I said "My name is Sue, who are you?" and she said, a little fiercely "well, that's my mobile your on, that went missing at the weekend". So I said, "er, no, it's mine. What number did you call?" and she said "07786..." so I cut in and said "sorry, this is 07760, you've got the wrong number" and then she was quite apologetic, but for a moment there, caught off guard and at the end of a tiring day, I found myself thinking "oh, god, I've stolen this woman's phone!..."
That's a good one, Arch. Imagine if her name was also Sue...I bet she'd've thought you were impersonating her, too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
That's a good one, Arch. Imagine if her name was also Sue...I bet she'd've thought you were impersonating her, too.

Never thought of that!;)

But funny, how for a second, it really threw me. As if she might be right...

Arch, I had a similar, but different experience. I'd left my phone on accidentally overnight, downstairs. About 3am it went off, so I stumbled down and answered with 'Who's that'. The answer - 'Your wife'. No, I said, she's upstairs in bed!. 'Oh, sorry, wrong number'.
Someone was in trouble when they got home!

Top Bottom