what would you add?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:hello: if you could add 2 of your own designs to a brompton what would it be? for me 1. rear rack that is quick release can be taken on and off without removing mudguard 2. A small quick release kick stand that can be added when you want it

Brommyboy

Über Member
My main modification is to fit bar ends so that different hand positions are possible. My Brommy has the RavX mini Ergo now, very suitable for the purpose.

12boy

Guru
I would like a qr lever on the brakes so as take a wheel on or off without deflating it and a handle bar stem with a plate that would not require taking everything off one side of the bars to remove the bar. Another thing would be a grease port (Zerk) on the frame that would lube the hinge that allows the rear triangle to fold under.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I would like a qr lever on the brakes so as take a wheel on or off without deflating it and a handle bar stem with a plate that would not require taking everything off one side of the bars to remove the bar. Another thing would be a grease port (Zerk) on the frame that would lube the hinge that allows the rear triangle to fold under.
You can slacken the nut on the brake cable to release the caliper, that's much quicker than deflating the tyre.

Top Bottom