What would you do...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Call it spring but I've got lots of energy but I need to stay close at home for various reasons...so that's why I bought a turbotrainer. However, I have only one cassette that I keep having to swap over to the rear wheel I'd prefer to use on the trainer (Alex Rim with lesser quality build and for that matter tyres) as opposed to using my handbuilt quality rear wheel with a brand new Pro-3 tyre which I use for proper rides. This means everytime I want to use the turbo (unless I know there'll be poor weather for a time) I have to swap the cassette over which defeats the object - time and easiness.

So...what would you do? I only have the one bike and hence only one chainset and been told that it's a good idea to use the same cassette with the same chain so I can't buy a new cassette for the crap wheels to save time and effort...or could I? Will this ruin the chain when I come to use it at the weekend for rides. Should I buy a dedicated trainer?

Whaddya' all reckon...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Buy a used bike for £25 or thereabouts and use that on the turbo.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
THanks Joe, conclusion I've come to...

Fossy - seems like there is mixed opinion on this one then, the cassette and chain have both done 3.5 k so a new cassette without replacing chain and chainset is unlikely to be the best option, is it?

THanks people, I know it's a bit of a gormless conundrum.

Top Bottom