What would you have done please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes word of mouth/reputation means a lot. Which is why I don't underdstand any of the trades-people I've used for the first time; they don't give you a card or anything. If it were me, I'd be saying "Are you satisfied with the job? If not, let's discuss it. If you are, here's my card, tell everyone you know"

I use an electrician who my dad knows and he's excellent, he'll drive 25 miles to my house with just a few days notice and try to fit me in. But others I've had just come and do the job, then just leave

Slick

Guru
I do remember years ago, a sign in a barbers window saying, If you aren't happy with your cut, tell us. If you are, tell everyone. :okay:

simongt

Guru
We wanted our patio extended last year, so I did the ringing round / site visit work first. One never bothered turning up. Another wouldn't give me a quote until I accepted him to do the work ( :laugh: ). More were silly prices, so I went on recommendation from a builder my sister had used and we were well pleased with the finished work. They turned up when they said, we discussed the plan and they did it within the agreed timeframe. :okay:
Recommendation goes a long way, but you still need to err on the side of caution until tradesperson has proven their worth.

Top Bottom