whats goi*g o* with all the stars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Admin said:
It's all my fault.

I was twiddling with the word replacement filter and because I put spaces between the letters, it decided to replace the indivudual letters across everyone's posts.

Turned off now! :biggrin:
What words you getting upset about? :tongue:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Are you going to go and fix all the excess *s then, Admin? :tongue:

bonj2

TheDoctor said:
Are you going to go and fix all the excess *s then, Admin? :tongue:

It does raise the interesting question of whether the filter is applied on the way IN to the database, or on the way OUT. i.e., is the original 'offensive' post stored in the database. The advantage to that would obviously be that changes to the filter would apply retrospectively.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
bonj said:
It does raise the interesting question of whether the filter is applied on the way IN to the database, or on the way OUT. i.e., is the original 'offensive' post stored in the database. The advantage to that would obviously be that changes to the filter would apply retrospectively.

that question has already een answered, if you look at the original post and comments the stars have remained meaning that the filter is applied before it goes into the database.

Shaun

Founder
I suppose we could hold "Random letter replacement" days, just to spice things up a bit? :tongue:

bonj2

Tharg2007 said:
that question has already een answered, if you look at the original post and comments the stars have remained meaning that the filter is applied before it goes into the database.

hmmm, that's what i thought but some posts in other threads have still got stars.

Shaun

Founder
bonj said:
it's because now, with the censorship and politically correct mumbo jumbo and what not, not only have certain words been declared to be offensive, but certain letters have now been declared offensive.

Ah, but despite your censorship concerns, you may be interested to know there are only two words in the filtering on CC:

**** and ****

So, now you know! :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
Hmm, I think it need a good dose of offensiveness to put it through its paces :cheers:

That reminds me of the Victoria Wood Health Farm skit:

Victoria Wood: "What's for dinner?"
Celia Imrie, looking at menu "Crudites"
VW: "Bum! Willy! Toilet!"
CI: "What?"
VW: "I'm so hungry, I wanted my crudities now...."

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Admin said:
Ah, but despite your censorship concerns, you may be interested to know there are only two words in the filtering on CC:

**** and ****

So, now you know! ;)
****, I never knew you could be such a **** :rolleyes:

Top Bottom