What's happened to the wee red flags?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Notifications, I think is the proper name for them! Where have they gone? I have checked my preference settings and I should be getting notified when someone reacts to my posts, or sends a PM, or quotes me. Other than that, I'm not bothered.
I know people have been reacting to posts as the posts shows reactions along the bottom. But no red flags, mostly. Randomly, they do appear!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Do you mean the red numbers on top of the bell just before the search box?
I have them, as normal.
Anyone else that doesn't have them?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm getting them for likes and watched threads but I think I've been tagged by a couple of people and they haven't shown as alerts. I've checked my preferences and they should be showing. Obviously I don't know if any others are missing :smile:
Ime, sometimes the tagging does not show if the same post is also quoted in response.
Let's notify @Shaun about the alerts not showing :smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mine has been playing up a bit. It often says there’s much more notifications than there are when you actually click on it.

Mine has been playing up a bit. It often says there’s much more notifications than there are when you actually click on it.

I've noticed this too. It aggregates the notifications when you click on the bell.

I've found the notifications generally to be a bit hit and miss, so I got into the habit of clicking "mark forums read" when I finish which seems to reset it.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've noticed this too. It aggregates the notifications when you click on the bell.

I've found the notifications generally to be a bit hit and miss, so I got into the habit of clicking "mark forums read" when I finish which seems to reset it.
You can set a figure for the number of each type of alert, which should then show all alerts as seperate ones.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ime, sometimes the tagging does not show if the same post is also quoted in response.
Let's notify @Shaun about the alerts not showing :smile:

Hi Pat - hope all is well in Modland. ^_^

It's been flaky for some time for me eg The Retirement thread I wasn't getting any notifications at all for a while.

Logged out, logged back in, (cache cleared) and it was a little better for a while although very sporadic - and still is.

Top Bottom