What's it worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roofersmoll1

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what my Raleigh Wayfarer ladies bike is worth?
It's from around 1970 and has Harrods logo on the frame. It's been in storage for 15 - 20 years!
Just want an idea as I don't think I'll ride it again.
Oh also how do I clean the chrome and paintwork?
Thanks
Sally

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Can anyone give me a rough idea of what my Raleigh Wayfarer ladies bike is worth?
It's from around 1970 and has Harrods logo on the frame. It's been in storage for 15 - 20 years!
Just want an idea as I don't think I'll ride it again.
Oh also how do I clean the chrome and paintwork?
Thanks
Sally
Depends on condition but @£50-£80 for a tidy one seems to be what they're fetching as for cleaning, car polish/T-cut for the frame and Solvol Autosol for the Chrome

Gunk

Guru
Firstly use some fine wire wool and WD40 and then some T Cut, it’ll come up really well with some elbow grease.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Could be anything up to around £100 sounds about right. Its unrestored and not a 'runner' so that will affect the price. Bikes as long as ridable and in good condition due to the pandemic will get more but yours will take some basic work and might need tyres inner tubes, chain and cables to get it safe and roadworthy so bear that in mind. Not particularly sought after as we're produced in their thousands.
Have a look on Gumtree and eBay for a guide. Gumtree reveals £30-80
Good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom