What's the difference between Alan Shearer and Newcastle United?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:
s'not true, though, is it?

Look at the demise of Forest, Coventry, Leeds, Stoke...

When teams plummet, the fans desert them.

It is true. I was specifically referring to the faithfulness of Newcastle in particular. There's no comparison between the feeling for NUFC and those other teams you mentioned, Leeds apart whose fans have most certainly NOT deserted them at all. Newcastle fans will not desert them either but my point is, perhaps they should.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
...oh, and nine managers in three years. The odd thing is that Ashley has been trying to please the very fans who detest him.

Wolf04

PaulB said:
It is true. I was specifically referring to the faithfulness of Newcastle in particular. There's no comparison between the feeling for NUFC and those other teams you mentioned, Leeds apart whose fans have most certainly NOT deserted them at all. Newcastle fans will not desert them either but my point is, perhaps they should.

What claptrap! On that basis why support any football team? Thanks but I'll be a Magpie whatever division we are in.

mangaman

Flying_Monkey said:
Well, the general consensus here in Newcastle is that it's been a long time coming, that we deserved it, and that this might be an opportunity to sort out some of the deep problems with the club. And yes, we do hope that Shearer will stay on as manager...

:smile: Why do you want Shearer to stay FM

I always thought of you as the voice of reason (or one of them anyway)

As an outsider I'd say you need a proper manager with experience / coaching badges etc (like Roy Hodgson for example) rather than a great local footballing hero who may be no better at football managing than you or I.

Keith Oates said:
That should have knocked a few quid off the asking price for the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon you may be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Top Bottom