Wheel swapper/theif...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alcdrew

Why, o why. Would anyone swap a 700c wheel of a 26"...

The wife and I biked up to our local shops only spent about an hour there, and came back to find my wifes front 26" wheel had been stolen and the thief had left their old 700c wheel behind in it's place:angry: Well when I say why, I know why, because they had a puncture and I didn't lock my wifes front wheel properly. But the idiot thieves could have just stolen the pump and repair kit that was attached to the bike, and fixed their own front wheel. Then both them and my wife could have gone home with the correct wheel attached...

Keith Oates

Janner
Unbelievable, can't think of anything else to say about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bizarre, but I had exactly the same thing happen a few years ago when I were lived in Amsterdam.

Cheapo 26" front wheel and tyre swapped for less cheap 700c wheel and shagged tyre. Whoever did it couldn't work out the quick release on the cantilevers so removed the arms and pads instead.

Can't fault the effort. But I wasn't awfully impressed by the effect.

f

yenrod

I recall a few years back was @ a local library and locked the hackbike up outside after id finshed started to unlock the bike and noticed the front wheel wobbly then I seen the QR had gone!

Immediately it was "'who the hell would rob that and WHY' yeah I can understand stealing a bike and obviously they couldnt have that soo they took something that would cause me general grievance.

The thing that amazed me was the wheel was still in the frame

Or another one:

When i was at college once someone had had ago at the bike causing my rare MtZefal bottle cage to snap ! :blush:

That REALLY did irritate me big time.

I bet that confuses the fashion industry......

"What dress size are you madam?"

"I used to be a 700c, but I am now a 26" (559)"

asterix

Comrade Member
Whenever I park at a sheffield stand I always put the shackle of the D lock through the front wheel and through the frame triangle. My theory is that not only can the sub-scum not nick the front wheel, but if fills the shackle up with bike, making it harder to bust.

I can't remember ever seeing another cyclist do it and I'm worried that there's a simple reason why you should never lock your bike up that way that I haven't thought of:ohmy: Altho' it's years since I started doing it..

Current lock is Abus Granit x super double plus good or summat.

Dave5N

Über Member
yenrod said:
I recall a few years back was @ a local library and locked the hackbike up outside after id finshed started to unlock the bike and noticed the front wheel wobbly then I seen the QR had gone!

Immediately it was "'who the hell would rob that and WHY' yeah I can understand stealing a bike and obviously they couldnt have that soo they took something that would cause me general grievance.

The thing that amazed me was that I'd been to a library
Or another one:

When i was at college once someone had had ago at the bike causing my rare MtZefal bottle cage to snap ! :angry:

That REALLY did irritate me big time.

I share your bewilderment.

Lol !!!!

:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom