When your reputation proceeds you ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Twisted my knee a couple of weeks ago, and very clearly emailed a number of people I'd be WFH on the two days I was due in the office as I couldn't bend my knee - i.e. cycle or use a clutch in traffic, or indeed walk far.

I'd explained I'd woke up and had somehow twisted it in my sleep, but made the mistake of walking up Snowdon later that night (night time walk) which did not help.

Anyway, back in the office today (week off dealing with MIL dying on top).

Everyone - "Are you better, we'd heard you'd come off your bike AGAIN". :crazy:

WTF. I've been correcting people all day.:whistle:

The thing is, I think it's come from someone very senior who told all the other managers in our Management Meetings that I'd crashed my bike again. :ohmy: I wasn't even off work, just WFH. Said Management Meeting is on Teams shortly, so I shall spell it out in the 'messages'. :wacko:

Last time I was 'off' was 6 years ago. OK 7 months 'off', but I've not managed to be 'off sick' since, nor have I had a big stack.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'd be taking very thorough notes pal. Snakes everywhere.

Gwylan

Veteran
similar
when i went back to work post crash most folk didnt give a monkeys , all i got was " fell off your bike again ? pack in riding "

Any absence between New Year and late February was always attributed to some snow induced injury.
Sometimes justified
Arriving back with a plaster cast and an expense report for entertaining some significant clients didn't help.

The English, very English, management never got that for continentals it was like a golf outing with snow.
The chairman saw getting sun burned at Lord's as totally acceptable. Just improbable.

I took a pothole flyer and I only got jokes and laughs at my expense. Comments also revolved around getting a proper bike as it was while riding my new Brompton. There's more people who hate cyclists than there are cyclists at my place of employment.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
My hat blew off when cycling today and I had to stop and retrieve it. When I mentioned it in a general discussion of what a windy day it was, I was told it wouldn't have happened if I had a cycle helmet on. Well, yes . . .

Top Bottom