Where can I buy a built up rear SS wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been looking online and can't find what I want anywhere...;)

All I want is a road wheel with a single-speed freewheel. I assume it's going to be a flip-flop hub, but that's ok.

Anywhere? ;)

Tharg2007

Veteran
if thats all you want then just convert one. Take the cassette off, get some spacers and a cog of the type that fits onto a freehub and you're done, max spend about £10

Cope

Your LBS should be able to make one for you - either from scratch (about £100-150) or by converting one you already have (£20-30). I went for the latter approach last time - spacer + sprocket.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A mate built me a singlespeed bike and we just used a load of spacers from two old cassettes plus a 15-tooth sprocket from one of them. It took a little bit of fiddling about to get the best chainline.

I went for a test ride and somehow managed to drop the chain off the sprocket. I didn't fancy that happening again so I took the 17-tooth sprockets from both cassetes and put them either side of the 15 to act as 'guards' for the chain. I've done a couple of hundred miles on the bike since then and had no further problems.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Tharg2007 said:
if thats all you want then just convert one. Take the cassette off, get some spacers and a cog of the type that fits onto a freehub and you're done, max spend about £10
No, done that and have knacked the freewheel. Hence I want a 'proper' ss rear wheel.

Mickle - You must have the magic version of Google that shows such things. AND I'd looked on Chainreaction before posting....:evil:;))

Ta all. :evil:

stevew

This chap seems good. He's just recently done a wheel for me, cheap and good.
http://www.yogarup.com/wheels/

Dave5N

Über Member
Top Bottom