Where did my shed roof go? It's blowing a hoolie out there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My initial attempt to apply a tarpaulin sheet looked like I was trying to sail my shed across Surrey.
Eventually used ropes, weights (including a small anvil), planks and ratchet straps to pull it all tight. Hopefully it will remain waterproof until I can redo the roof.

No prizes for guessing my DIY job this weekend
What are your jobs?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Our friends on the Outer Hebs use large rocks and ratchet straps to keep their sheds in place....

Weekend? Install new TV, cutting back trees and bushes. No shed work this weekend.

Drove from Deal to Heathrow last night, was flippin’ wild!

Julia9054

Guru
I had a raised skylight on a flat roof extension. Came home one night in a storm to find it had completely blown away. We never found it.
This weekend I shall be trying to work out why the electric windows and central locking appear to be buggered on the Skoda I just bought

perplexed

Guru
I'm supposed to be replacing the fireboard above the woodburner. It's going to be a right pain in the arris to do because of the awkward access and getting the angles right...

perplexed

Guru
Can it be removed and used as a template?

Part of it has crumbled away unfortunately. Also, the surround I built means the space it'll go into is a different size/shape to the old piece. I've got a plan on how to go about it, it's just that it's gonna be fiddly!

iandg

Legendary Member
My initial attempt to apply a tarpaulin sheet looked like I was trying to sail my shed across Surrey.
Eventually used ropes, weights (including a small anvil), planks and ratchet straps to pull it all tight. Hopefully it will remain waterproof until I can redo the roof.

What are your jobs?

<old yorkshire/hebridean man voice> "Shed roof? You lucky b******" 😄

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

What are your jobs?

Nothing new -

1579020540859.png

Top Bottom