Where is everyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Just come back from a nice 4 hour ride around Fulmar, Wexham, Maidenhead, and I only spotted around 6 other cyclists. I was expecting to see loads of club ridrers et al around due to the nice weather.

Also, does anyone know any cycle friendly cafes in or around these areas?

the_bing

Über Member
went out around hertford riding on road with ridiculously unsuitable dirt tyres. a lovely day earlier (slightly overcast now) but plenty of riders out my way; lost count how many hellos i said. they all had nice smooth road tyres. they're cleverer than me (but i'm hard) :girl:

Chrisc

Guru
Loadsa folk out this am round here. Mountain bikes, two families, roadies trundling, roadies flying and a tandem!
Everybody happy in the spring sunshine.

col1888

I was out around mid afternoon, round where i am. Plenty of cyclists out, most i have seen actually. Nice afternoon for it, even had me shorts on for the first time this year. Only thing to spoil it was a 4x4 coming at me round a bend on the wrong side of the road. Prat !

dhague

There were a bunch of us from the Windsor area down in Burgess Hill doing the Springtime Classic. Nice early-season leg-breaker - 71 miles, 1800m climbing including a few >20% gradients. :angry:

Pretty happy with my time - I was shooting for 5 hours, and came in at 4:48, bagging a Silver award.

Cheers,
Darren

Norm

yorkshiregoth said:
Just come back from a nice 4 hour ride around Fulmar, Wexham, Maidenhead, and I only spotted around 6 other cyclists. I was expecting to see loads of club ridrers et al around due to the nice weather.

Also, does anyone know any cycle friendly cafes in or around these areas?
Plenty in Windsor, such as Zero 3 (hidden behind the bus) in Eton High Street or the Wren Chocolate Theatre Cafe on the Windsor side of the bridge, both of which are good. The latter is absolutely packed out with lycra most Sunday mornings.

You've also got the Royal Windsor Farm Shop in Old Windsor and the tea rooms in Savill Gardens. Cliveden also has a good NT tea room and most of the pubs in Burnham Beeches (I hope that you went through the Beeches!) serve tea / coffee.

Best coffee stop in Maidenhead is, IMO, Coffee Republic on the corner of Queen St and the High Street.

Top Bottom