Where to buy 24" inner tubes (520) ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
thanks Marc. Will have a look. Hadn't thought of ebay. Am riding around with 2 spare tubes (and 2 new ones onboard) for now, and am very much enjoying the feeling of security.

Bike is slowly becoming an audax beast. Chain links, multi-tool, pump, tubes, tyre boot, allen keys, torx heads for brakes, spare pads for BB7s, spare gear cable, etc...

All bumbling around in the back of the bag, on my daily commute. Bike is no longer as light as it once was, of course :tongue:

betty swollocks

large member
arallsopp said:
Beats me why they mount brake callipers behind the axle, rather than infront or even above. Sure, its a freak scenario, but if they routinely put them anywhere else than directly behind the axle, this just could not happen.

Glad he's Ok.

I note there are axle retenion lips on my other bikes, but not the Furai.

IMHO, all twin blade QR disc systems are subject to a repeated twisting force, where the fork on the disc side is deformed to a greater angle than the passive side. The movement is pretty much invisible except under extreme braking, but little and often is enough to loosen the skewer. Mine get checked every few weeks (which for the last week suggests an average of once every 4 wheel replacements!)

There has been a bit of a furore about braking forces forcing axles out of drop outs.
See here

Top Bottom