Where's me sweets.....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Just had a spending spree on Wiggle - they have a fair few good offers on and plus you get 5 pound off if spending over 50 quid and i had a 5 pound voucher to spend.:rolleyes:

I got 2 pair of DHB padded shorts
1 DHB long sleeve base layer
1 Pair of DHB road shoes
1 pair of DHB overshoes

They all arrived today and my 3 yr old son was nearly wetting himself with excitement cos i told him Wiggle always send some sweets with the order .........imagine the tears when there were no sweets in the parcel.....!!!
I then had to walk round to the shop in the pouring rain for sweets as i had promised him some sugary treats. GRRRRR:angry:

Keith Oates

Janner
How does it go, 'Never count your chickens until.................'. However getting the 3yr old some sweets will have kept him happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonj2

Don't tell us tell wiggle. You'll get sent loads. Especially if you tell them that heart-rendering story.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
alecstilleyedye said:
i've bought plenty off wiggle, but the only time i've had sweets was with a fairly cheap pair of cycling glasses. 2 bags.

Likewise - it's a complete mystery to me how sweet allocation is carried out...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Sweet allocation is done, as everyone should know, by the punct*re fairies... they are an omen so you should be thankful you haven't been selected this time... :rolleyes:

A few tears from Junior is better than 20 mins in the wind and rain trying to separate rubber from whatever your wheel rim is made of.

got-to-get-fit said:
imagine the tears when there were no sweets in the parcel.....!!!
I then had to walk round to the shop in the pouring rain for sweets as i had promised him some sugary treats. GRRRRR:angry:

no wonder british kids are obese if parents keep caving into three year olds like this! :rolleyes:

ChrisKH

Guru
trustysteed said:
no wonder british kids are obese if parents keep caving into three year olds like this! :rolleyes:

To be fair to Dad, he did promise they would be in the box. So he's not caving in but keeping his promise. The moral is not to promise I suppose, but we've all been burned that way.

he still should have said 'sorry, you lost' this time and let the three year old learn how to deal with disappointment rather than pandering to him.

or perhaps he just wanted the sweets himself and used the kid's tears as an excuse to go and get some....

ChrisKH

Guru
trustysteed said:
he still should have said 'sorry, you lost' this time and let the three year old learn how to deal with disappointment rather than pandering to him.

or perhaps he just wanted the sweets himself and used the kid's tears as an excuse to go and get some....

That reminds me of the father who said, 'Son, never trust anybody'. Father asks son to lend him a pound and when son asks for it back he responds 'No, I told you, never trust anybody'.

If you can't trust your Dad who can you trust? I think children learn plenty about disappointment along the way, without parents adding to it IMO.

SamNichols

My guess is that you get sweets whenever they have sweets to give. They probably run out because half of the staff are eating sweets instead of processing the orders. The only time I ordered from them it took two weeks for my shoes, and even then I didn't get any sweets (or an apology).

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
Don't tell us tell wiggle. You'll get sent loads. Especially if you tell them that heart-rendering story.

Rending, not rendering. Like tearing. Rendering is melting down to make lard.

Apparently my one major tantrum as a child was because my Mum promised, over and over throughout a long morning shopping that we could stop and look at the fish in the fishtank in the window of a restaurant near the bus stop home, like we often did. When we got there, the tank was empty, and being cleaned.

Apparently, I went so rigid with fury, that she couldn't bend me to get me into the pushchair, and had to carry me under her arm.:biggrin:

ChrisKH said:
If you can't trust your Dad who can you trust?

exactly. and when no sweets arrived, he knew his dad was a lying, no-good, bound-to-run-out-on-him and his mother, drunken son of a bitch! :biggrin:

:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I oredered some shoes, and the ones they sent me were made of jelly-baby material! I would have sent them back, only I ate them. So I can't prove this story either. Burp. :sad:

simonali

Guru
Just thought I ought to let you know that I just got a pack with my 7 quid free postage order.

Got some in the last one, too! :ohmy:

Top Bottom