Which bike should I choose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LrSpace

Hello, hope everyone is having a nice day! I have a budget of $150, yes I know thats nothing for bicycles and a good quality bike is usually $250+ but that's what I have... (I'm a student). I found a local bicycle shop he's 5km away, so I called him and he offered those bikes used bikes, other shops near me didn't have bicycles under $200...
Bike 1:

Bike 2:

Bike 3:

Bike 4:

I need the bike for road cycling, I'm not going to do anything crazy with it... I know 2 of them are MTB but still. I got the price down to 130$ for the 150$ ones btw. Tysm for reading this post and helping me out!!!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I would go with the Marin. Better quality components and excellent frames (I have one).
2nd choice would be the Ealter.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Buying bikes at this price point is always fraught with problems. You're going to end up spending on one thing or another, none are going to be perfect and none of those bikes in the ad are made where claimed, not that it really matters but the guy selling might not know much about bikes.
The Marin might be the least worst option but check it over thoroughly. The rear derailleur looks like it might have a problem. It's the newest of the bunch. The last one at least has got its name right, a Greenfield is where it belongs.
Why don't you find some yard sales in your area, you can often find bargains there but whatever you find at that price is going to need attention and parts of some description.

Good luck.

Last edited:

The description for #1 is incorrect - it's only got a single chainring up front, and quite a small one at that, so looks like it's 7-speed.
The Alivio shifters of the Marin will be much nicer than the Revoshifts on #3. :okay:

Top Bottom