Which brakes should I buy? 105?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

InspireTheEmpathic

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in ages as I was off riding :P but my bikes been stolen so I've saved up for a few months and I've got a Felt F85 in the post... it has full 105 groupset but the brake calipers are stock and are very poor like the last Felt i bought, should i fork out for 105 calipers which I cant really afford or is there a sram campy or lower level shimano that does the job just as well? I'm already having to pay for new pedals etc and don't really want to be spending a fortune on brakes at the moment if there are some good cheaper ones out there. thanks! and sorry if I went on a bit :P

Nebulous

Guru
I have Tiagra brakes and the rear spring is beginning to go - so I've been looking at 105.

Chain Reaction Cycles have a good deal on:-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50502

Or slightly less - but the older version:-

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebw...8&f_SortOrderID=1&f_bct=c003154c003130c003176

OP
OP
InspireTheEmpathic

InspireTheEmpathic

Oh wow! thanks a lot, went looking around for them but couldn't find any cheaper, I should've looked on them two tbh, I'm going for the newer model in black from chainreaction. My new bike can have the full set now :smile: Have a happy new year!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Also get decent pads, these can make a huuuuuuge difference.
Consider Koolstop Salmons on the front and Koolstop blacks on the rear for well balanced braking performance in dry or wet.

OP
OP
InspireTheEmpathic

InspireTheEmpathic

they are in my bookmarks, the 105's dont come with cartridge type but the bike does so I'll keep the shoes off the rubbish brakes and fit the koolstop inserts into them. thanks a lot for your help! saved me riding round on rubbish brakes til I could justify it... Bargains!

Top Bottom