Which Brooks? Shortlist B17, B17N, Flyer or Team Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
would you suggest to go on an alu framed carbon forked audaxy fast tourer with 25mm tyres. I may fit a carbon post to remove any zing but it will prob. start with an alloy seatpost.

B17; fits me fine, have one on my current tourer
B17N; fits me fine, have one on my current MTB

Flyer; tempting, iirc this is a B17 with springs. Might be a tadge more comfy on the longer rides given the state of our roads. Anyone running a flyer at present who could feedback?

Team Pro; Brooks say it is for sportive-y type riding. I won't ever go that fast but is it worth considering? Ditto for feedback.

bikefettler

If it helps I have a brooks B17 on my sit up and beg pub/shops bike, B17N on my commuting saracen and a steel railed Team Pro on my tourer, they are all very comfy but for really long days the team pro is the best for me, Ive done C2C in one day(on road), and my problems were my knees not my rear!!!, If you have a brooks bum you will never ride anything else.

chap

Veteran
bikefettler said:
If it helps I have a brooks B17 on my sit up and beg pub/shops bike, B17N on my commuting saracen and a steel railed Team Pro on my tourer, they are all very comfy but for really long days the team pro is the best for me, Ive done C2C in one day(on road), and my problems were my knees not my rear!!!, If you have a brooks bum you will never ride anything else.

That's it, you have got me interested: what exactly is a Brooks bum? Is it fat, thin, boney, muscley, oddly shaped with a triangular hollow?

No pictures please, unless you are Fiona Bruce, this is not some roundabout means to something untowards. :sad:

looe

I have a Brooks B17 Flyer on my bike. It is very comfy but I sit quite upright with butterfly bars almost vertical. This is due to bad back.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Ti-railed Swift works for me. But out of your shortlist I'd def go with the Team Pro.

IIRC the Team Pro is similar to the Comp - I've got an old one of those on my fixed. Bought it second-hand. It's hard as wood, but fortunately the previous owner had a similar shaped @r$e, so it's super comfortable for me.

I don't ride at all quickly, but I always prefer a narrow saddle for longer rides.

Chrisc

Guru
Flyer special on my Dutch bike is great. I have quick release handlebar adjustment and sometimes sit bolt upright and other times drop the bars and lean forward. Seat works in any position for me. Very comfy and the springs don't bounce noticeably.
I'm debating whether I can fit a team pro on my bianchi nirone at the mo. Unless my tweaks make the san marco work for me. Mind, I don't expect that saddle to last so there'll be a
decision to make sooner or later.

bikefettler

I guess my sit bones are nothing exceptional and I like many others get on well with a B17, just shows John B Brooks knew his job when he developed the design, but the shape and construction of a Team Professional is in my opinion superb , but it is all down to individuals to choose, some people like the B17 Special proportions and some light fast boys like the swift/swallow style, at the end of the day you need to assess which shape you think will fit and if poss try one before you buy.

chap

Veteran
ASC1951 said:
Skinny witch.

Enough of your propoganda Feltz!
Calling fat women 'real' women won't get you any more dates :biggrin:

Top Bottom