Which cycling computer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Have a look at the Explore 2 - very good for the money.

This is what my wife got me this year, a Christmas present. I think it’s great, and my old Etrex is sadly feeling neglected at the moment.

Sallar55

Veteran
Was going to buy the edge explore 2 but my LBS could not source one as it was just released in August? Gave me a good price on the old explore 150 so about 50 off normal price as I want a large screen for the mapping. My old 1000 died a week or so before going on holiday ,might buy a 2nd hand one and replace the battery if I find a cheap one on Ebay.Not paying 500 + for the new1040 or the 1030 as I still have an old working 810. Prefer the older ones with the SD card for installing custom maps. The only issue with the explore series is that they don't have the barometric function,

Wooger

I’ve seen a Garmin 1000 for £70 so I have to pay a subscription with it ??

No, very old model. *30 is the minimum anyone should buy now, *40 is the latest models.

If nothing else the battery will be close to dead.
Forgot to add this all the new ones are sealed units , wonder what we will do when the battery / usb port is knackered.

They're only sealed like modern phones are sealed. They can be opened, but it's a palava with a hairdryer and razor blades / special tools.

Top Bottom