Which fold-away jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steephill

Hi,

I might be going to the Alps for a cycling holiday and just wanted to know what would be the best jacket to buy that I could fold away in one of my rear pockets when not required (if this is possible). The advice suggests that I should have one for the long descents.

Thank you.

lowrider73

Have a look at the Montane Featherlite smock, lightweight, packs small, wind-proof and shower-proof. A lot of mountain bikers use the Montane Featherlite.

Have a look at the Gore Paclite range of jackets. I have a couple of these and they've served me well over the years. When not in use the jacket folds down to a small bundle, easily stuffable into a back pocket or Camelbak.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Montane Featherlite Velo. An Awsome little number. About £40 but well worth the money imo.
Folds down very small into it's own little stuff sack. Great windproofer and great in the rain too.

Check out the current issue of Cycling Plus as they have a group test of jackets,

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am after the same thing just for commuting and I was going to get the Montane Featherlite Velo, but I have just read about the new Endura Pakajak for around £40. Cannot find any reviews yet, but I like the look of the underarm mesh vents. I do not know if the Velo has this though also.

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=61519

The Velo does have mesh vents and it's not a boil in the bag jobbie.

I've got the wiggle dhb one. been ok the couple of times I've used it.

Top Bottom