which folding bike is it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...that looks like it's made of lattice work? mostly along the top tube - it looks like a series of parallelograms joined together. I'm only asking because I think I'm in the market for a folder and that one definitely looks the coolest. And cool is all I care about (no I'm not that shallow, I'm really just interested in what bike it is)...

Actually, it might not be a folder, but it looks the same shape as a brompton ie v small wheels but full size frame. I saw someone riding one near rugby once and I thought it looked fantastic.

Can anyone help?

domtyler

Über Member
That'll be the Pashley Moulton. Not cheap, it was one that I looked into for my missus, they come in pink as well!

ChrisKH

Guru
domtyler said:
That'll be the Pashley Moulton. Not cheap, it was one that I looked into for my missus, they come in pink as well!

Nice pink one in Cycle Surgery Spitalfields branch in the City. £2k mark, I think. Not really a folder, as the frame has to be dismantled and the bike separates in two. I think. Moulton's only really for those with serious money.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Some Moultons are separable- it's an option when you order and for the Pashley ones it'll cost an extra £100 or so. Perhaps useful for putting in a car boot or for air travel but they don't offer the sort of practical fold needed for regular commuting using trains (I've sort of wanted one myself for some time but it's a fair way down the queue at the moment)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Very, very nice bikes. I have one. Not foldable, but stowable in a suitcase a bit like an airnimal.

Not so very pricey if you keep your eyes open secondhand, but they don't come up every day.

And by the way, there are Pashley Moultons and there are Alex Moulton Moultons. Not quite the same, but Pashleys are not so expensive.

And here's mine...

ChrisKH

Guru
Uncle Phil said:
Very, very nice bikes. I have one. Not foldable, but stowable in a suitcase a bit like an airnimal.

Not so very pricey if you keep your eyes open secondhand, but they don't come up every day.

And by the way, there are Pashley Moultons and there are Alex Moulton Moultons. Not quite the same, but Pashleys are not so expensive.

And here's mine...

Nice. Not sure I would go for one given the funding (would like an Airnimal Chameleon) but they are technical achievements bordering on the artistic IMO.

Very nice. The one I saw when I was out was that blue colour. I think it's stunning.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
They are beautiful but not foldable in the way that you want. Apart from the obvious Brompton (which is lovely - I think mine may be one of the best things I have ever bought), there are some even better (and more expensive) folder like Birdy - which I would have got if I had actually chosen a folding bike, and with no regard to cost - or less expensive like Dahon. Now I don't think the Dahon's have the design class of the Brompton, but they do make some nice models.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Here's my old Birdy:
100426345_a5cb2f198e.jpg

And a £6K Moulton Double Pylon I would like to own:

491034159_65e6be1e4f.jpg

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
Very nice. The one I saw when I was out was that blue colour. I think it's stunning.

Well as it can't have been mine (I haven't been near Rugby in years), I'm shocked to find someone else has one like it.

I'll have to get it re-painted now...:biggrin:

rootes

domtyler said:

cheaper than an actual moulton though - the pashley ones are the cheaper version!

Top Bottom