Which holes do i put the cleats in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beaker39

I have had a good look here but cannot find the answer (it's probably me TBH :biggrin:). I have just received some M520 pedals and I have the Lidle shoes (cheapskate eh!). On the sole of the shoe there are 2 sets of holes to attach the cleats to but which set of holes do I use or is it just a personal preference thing?

Sorry if it is a stupid question :biggrin:

It's personal preference as to how far forward or back you want to fix the cleat. I try to get mine right on the ball of the foot.

Trevrev

Veteran
All i did when i first started using clipless, was to put the cleats in the top holes roughly where you think your feet are going to be most comfortable on the pedals. Go out for a spin, and if i doesn't feel right just loosen off and adjust slightly until you find the spot !!! If it means moving the cleats to the lower holes then so be it. You have to start somewhere.....It took me a good few days of commuting and tweeking before i found my comfy position.
Hope this helps.
I've got a pair of Lidls MTB shoes........They're brilliant. Don't knock them.....

Trevor.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
It is a personal preference thing and gives you options to play around with the position until it is just right for you.

To start with sit on a desk / table and look at the direction your feet point as a starting point and aim to have the ball of the foot over the pedal.

For the first few rides / weeks I would take out an allen key with you as it will take a few adjustments before you get it just right

Top Bottom