Which Jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Im looking for a bright jacket that will help me be seen but also warm but not "boil in the bag" that doesnt cost the earth, anybody recommend any?

I have a thin HiViz jogging jacket from Sports Direct that breathes really well but will only keep out a short shower. Very good at keeping the wind out, so ideal for layering underneath.
Cost about £15 iirc and was cut very well for cycling (weirdly) with a longer back to help cover the bum.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I have a thin HiViz jogging jacket from Sports Direct that breathes really well but will only keep out a short shower. Very good at keeping the wind out, so ideal for layering underneath.
Cost about £15 iirc and was cut very well for cycling (weirdly) with a longer back to help cover the bum.

Thanks, ill see if i can find it on there :thumbsup:

AFF40N

They are back on sale on eay. Altura Nevis £10 plus £4 p&p. Fantastic value and although classed as seconds I couldn't find a mark on mine and neither could my mate from work

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I bought one of these a little while back and I'm very impressed with it, has decent venting (in the right places) so no boil in the bag, if very bright under car headlights and has decent pocket space too.

albion

Guru
I bought one because 'it was daft not to'. (Altura Nevis)
I normally buy large so with a tighter cyclist's fit it is fine.

I had to collect it from the delivery depot so I wore it for a longer route ride back.
Maybe it was the fact that the windspeed was 1mph max, but the inner arms were absolutely soaked when I arrived back home.

Boil in the bag but certainly a great buy.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I bought one of these a little while back and I'm very impressed with it, has decent venting (in the right places) so no boil in the bag, if very bright under car headlights and has decent pocket space too.

Looks like a decent buy that, should hopefully be able to afford one come pay day :thumbsup:

Top Bottom