which lube and where?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st3v3

Regular
Just been out and got a wee bit dirty so I've hosed my bike down, what should I lube on the bike and which lube to use wet or dry?

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I use THIS on my chain once it's been cleaned and dry .. apply along the length of the chain, spin the chain around a few times, leave for 5 minutes or so then wipe off excess using the a clean cloth. Place a drop of oil (Three in one or similar) to the moving parts of the dérailleurs and that's it.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Lube the chain as NormanD suggests then wipe all the water off your bike with a cloth,spray GT85 onto another cloth and wipe ALL exposed surfaces except brake rims or discs.

Use the tube of the GT85 to squirt into nooks and crannies of mechs etc. If you have got he bike really wet lube your cables as well.

Its probably a personal choice but I like ceramic wet lube (particularly at this time of year) its a bit more substantial without being too mucky like other wet lubes. Other folk like dry lube which is cleaner but you also have to clean more often. Other's like wax which is cleaner still and cleans the drive chain; I've tried it but I didn't find it very robust (after just one ride stiff links could develop) and it was more messy to apply.

Top Bottom