Which mtb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

I am not so sure about mid range kit from some of the big names being a match for some of the kit by Boardman or Decathlon, Kona have been under specced and over priced for years now and the Trek range deosnt get rideable until you get well above £500-ish

Spesh are doing quite well at the mo with value for money, avoid Scott though as while the high end kit is great the lower to mid range stuff has been awful.

G-Zero

Über Member
When I got my full sus in 1999 I used it regularly on fast downhill stuff and it really came into its own, however now that I'm a bit older and wiser (ok - read that as bottle going a bit :whistle: ) the rear unit is totally a comfort thing now.

When the time comes to replace the Scott, it will be with a decent spec hardtail as for me, the cost of a quality rear unit outweighs the comfort factor if that's the only reason you're considering FS. That cost could also reduce the spec of the rest of the bike.

My wife has a good spec Scott Contessa and several workmates have various Scott road and/or MTBs and have never had a major fault with any of them, so Scott will remain high on my replacement list.

Top Bottom