which road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hello everybody ive had a mountain bike 18 months ,rarely go off road so im thinking about getting rid and getting a road bike . wife wont let me have 2 bikes. can anybody recomend the best road bike for about £600. does anywhere in west yorkshire part ex bikes? cheers

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The only one I know of is: http://www.bikeshopleeds.co.uk/about_us.html

They are also known as Factory Direct Bikes and sell Probike and Merida.

My suggestion is to find the bike you want for £600 and sell it on Gumtree or eBay. I've had no issues selling on eBay and the price paid has been more than I paid every time, despite the bikes having 5-15 years use by me!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
hello everybody ive had a mountain bike 18 months ,rarely go off road so im thinking about getting rid and getting a road bike . wife wont let me have 2 bikes. can anybody recomend the best road bike for about £600. does anywhere in west yorkshire part ex bikes? cheers

Time to change wife ? I would put your case that you need a backup in case there is a problem with bike number 1 and why does she need more than 1 pair of shoes / handbag when she can ony wear / use one at a time. Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Just a thought. My wife's agreed (finally!) that 3 bikes is OK:

- Main road bike
- Mountain bike
- Winter road bike/backup

Only I've got 4, including the 'loan bike' - a freebie road bike.

defy-one

- Main road bike
- Mountain bike

She's a keeper ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100

The last time I bought a bike from them (all be it 15years ago) In order to qualify for the figure they quote px the the bike had to be under 3 years old,been purchased from them and been serviced by them annually. May have changed but expect to be asked to nip round the back and drop your trousers.

Willo

Can't believe you all ask before buying bike(s)! Just bring em home as though you've always had it tucked away at the back of the shed.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

- Main road bike
- Mountain bike

My wife may have many faults but she understands my hobby keeps me sane (ish 0 and drew the line at 3 bikes as well....
1.The niceroad bike
2.The commuter/winter roadbike
3.The rigid MTB commuter
Its the endless supply of spares that adds up though , i must have at least 3 sets of spare tyres and a good 10 + inner tubes not to mention spare cassettes,chains, brakes pads and odds and sods.

back to the OP you need a minimum of 2 in case 1 breaks down so you can still ride , ask your other half if she could live with just one pair of shoes ?:blush:

Top Bottom