Which Shifters to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulMorgan

Bought a used Giant Comfort bike. 17". The shifters need to be replaced. 3 gears on one side and 8 gears on the other. Just twist shifting. I want something that will work. I don't need the expensive stuff. Bike is for my daughter at college. She will be using it occasionally. It isn't like she is a professional cyclist. So....functions properly and best bang for the buck. The old shifters are Centerra SRAM. I removed them and I also removed the cables. What should I buy? Is there a brand that is known to always be good? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
P

PaulMorgan

Bought a used Giant Comfort bike. 17". The shifters need to be replaced. 3 gears on one side and 8 gears on the other. Just twist shifting. I want something that will work. I don't need the expensive stuff. Bike is for my daughter at college. She will be using it occasionally. It isn't like she is a professional cyclist. So....functions properly and best bang for the buck. The old shifters are Centerra SRAM. I removed them and I also removed the cables. What should I buy? Is there a brand that is known to always be good? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
I thought you just need to find the 3 gear/8 gear shifters. Is there something else that I need to consider when replacing these? I was reading something about Derailler Ratio? OK, back to youtube videos.

Top Bottom