Which Specialized ebike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Birdburger

I’m interested in getting an ebike for commuting and getting into casual riding. Due to a local bike shop being an authorised resellers, Specialized seem to be the route to go down.

However there are so many different models and versions of each model it is very hard to figure out which is best.

At the moment I’m looking at either the Turbo Creo SL Comp E5, the Vado 5.0 SL and the Vado 5.0. They are all similarly priced but obviously different in terms of their design and weight.

Does anyone have any advice as to which would be the best set up to go for? Would going for the lighter but less powerful bike be better than the heavier more powerful or vice versa?

Thanks in advance.

CXRAndy

Guru
Have you ridden a bike recently?

The choice of ebikes and sources of e- bike advice can be overwhelming. I recently brought a Specialized Creo e-bike and took months to decide on the type of bike that would suit me.The Creo SL is not a heavy e-bike and the battery range is generous. In response to your request for advice I suggest setting a clear criteria for what you want as this will help an informed choice. The story of my selection process will not suit everyone, yet the process followed may be of interest. You can read "Goodbye Bessie hello Gypsy" on my blog: www.harlechjoe.wordpress.com

Halfords do a free ebike trial where you get to ride an ebike for up to 6 hours. There is a deposit to pay but its returned when you return the bike. It might be useful to get some experience on an ebike to give you a frame of reference before you choose your ebike. I'm not really a fan of the Specialized ebikes, I feel they are very poor value but at least you will be able to make a comparison if you have demo'd a Halfords ebike which will likely be much more affordable.

Top Bottom