Which Tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

I've just brought a 'pop up' tent but re-folding it is beyond me.

Can anyone recommend a cheap (under £50) 2 man tent thats easy to aseemble / take down and folds up so that I stand a chance of carrying it on a bike.

(The pop up tend folded into this huge circle. There was no way I was ever going to get that into a pannier bag!).

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I've just found this on youtube

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mDyzxyiZLYo

I was having the same trouble.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You need to go where the tent-using people are - they're Touring and Expedition types, here, in fact :rolleyes: .....

.... or your similarly-titled thread here .....

...... or even this one which gives this link ... which you have heard about before :biggrin: and the Special Offer gets you a free sleeping bag and rucksack (which you could always sell and, effectively, get a free tent :rolleyes:)

mds101

+1 for the decathlon tent. I've used it mine a few times over this wet year and stayed dry. But it isn't two man and it's more than £50 so not much help. They do do one that's a bit bigger though and weighs more at 3kg. But that's even more expensive so probably even less useful.
Looking at some of those Blacks tents though, I can't believe people can carry a tent that's 6/7/8kg cycling. Is that normal?

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I'm afraid I ended up buying another pop-up tent. This time from Millets.
It was double skinned and came with two sleeping bags, all for £35.

This one is nice and easy to fold (Although even larger!); and it stayed dry even though the heavens openned.

I couldn't belive just how much 'junk' I was carrying for one week-end. The car was almost full. I'm not sure how I ever managed to carry everything I needed on a bike.

If we ever have a summer I will no doubt by buying another tent to use for cyclo touring. But this one's ideal for slinging in the back of a car.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
RedBike said:
I'm afraid I ended up buying another pop-up tent. This time from Millets.
It was double skinned and came with two sleeping bags, all for £35.
:biggrin: ...... :biggrin:
How many is that now :rolleyes: ?

Mind you, that's a pretty good deal !

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

How many is that now :biggrin: ?

Brought one from Argos, couldn't refold the thing and ended up ripping it trying, then it definately wouldn't fold. I took it back for a refund and brought the one mentioned above from Millets.

In Argos I passed the incorrectly folded tent (Held closed by gather tape) to the young lad behind the counter. As the lad was putting it on a series of shelves at the back it bust out of it's gather tape restraint and unfolded, completely taking up all the room behind the counter. Having already recieved my refund I made a very quick dash towards the exit.

When I walked past the store about an hour later returning to the car I noticed the tent was now in the middle of the store, still up. They obviously couldn't fold the thing either!

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

2862603196_ef1a978b31.jpg

Top Bottom