Which wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dean Lewis

Hi,
Can anyone give advice on wheelset, i'm torn between..Fulcrum Racing Zero 2010 or Mavic Cosmic Carbon SL 2010 both are priced similar Mavic a bit heavier but would this really matter. I will be using them on my Viner Perfecta for Sportives and Triathlons
Thanks

OP
OP
D

Dean Lewis

Hi,
Can anyone give advice on wheelset, i'm torn between..Fulcrum Racing Zero 2010 or Mavic Cosmic Carbon SL 2010 both are priced similar Mavic a bit heavier but would this really matter. I will be using them on my Viner Perfecta for Sportives and Triathlons
Thanks

Cranks

The Mavics are a timetrial set, nice and aero. The Fulcrums are a lightweight climbing set. What is your priority?
Beware, the Mavics will be very affected by crosswinds whatever you use them for.

Cranks

The Mavics are a timetrial set, nice and aero. The Fulcrums are a lightweight climbing set. What is your priority?
Beware, the Mavics will be very affected by crosswinds whatever you use them for.

It really depends on what type of roads you are doing. If it is really hilly around where you cycle then go for the Zero's if it's not then the Mavics will be the best and will be faster. Aero most of the time out weigh the weight saving unless you are going slowly below 12 mph so I have read.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Thats a fair bit of money to spend on wheels, personally I've seriously consider some handbuilt build wheels from www.wheelsmith.co.uk rather than factory builds. Nothing wrong with the Fulcrums or Mavics but you'll get some sound advice from wheelsmith and wheels that fit your needs perfectly.
HTH

Top Bottom