Which wildlife camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can get blink cameras as part of your home security system. Mainly shows my cat coming home though.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Depends what you mean by reasonably priced. Have a look at Naturespy's guide.
Their own Wifi Wildcam looks interesting at £99.99 including 2 rechargeable 18650 batteries.
I run two Browning trailcams, a Recon Force Elite HP4 and a Specops Elite HP4, both now superseded by HP5 models, and I'm happy with both of them, especially the Specops. The ability to use rechargeables was a requirement for me, which narrows the field considerably. The new version of the Specops comes in at a penny under £200, including a decent 32Gb SD card, enough for hundreds of video clips.
It will also run happily on alkaline or lithium cells, or you can hook it up to a 12v DC supply. A 20 second night video at high resolution (plenty good enough for me) uses ~30Mb, an ultra resolution would take ~60Mb. Resolution is a bit of a misnomer, as both record at 1920x1080, but at either 30 or 60 frames per second. The Recon has "low glow" LEDs, which I have occasionally seen to frighten badgers and foxes, whereas the Specops uses "no glow".
I think @biggs682 uses an Apeman to good effect. Maybe he can provide further info.

Interestingly, neither appears in this list of "ten best trail cameras in the UK"!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes we use an apeman camera works well enough for what we want .
Pictures not fantastic but good enough .
Can eat through batteries so we use Panasonic rechargeable ones .
Can be mounted on a tripod if needed or fastened with a loop strap around tree's etc etc

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have a Blink outdoor camera set up as a wildlife camera in my garden. It’s battery powered ( allegedly 2 years battery life using 2 x Lithium AA cells )
I’m really pleased with it, it uses WiFi to communicate with my home network, quality is very good, it has scheduling etc. I got it from Amazon on promotion for about £50

Top Bottom