Which Windproof Cycling Jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Budget? I quite like my cheapie Scirocco (Cropton for chaps) but not at all waterproof if that's a concern. Under £30, wash well, lairy colours available

Can get better I am sure for more £££ . Wiggle DHB stuff always scores well in Cycling Active tests for the dosh

The problem with loose is it adds drag, however if that's what you prefer. Italian makes and Endura buy a size up from what you would buy elsewhere it seems

ACS

Legendary Member
I picked up a lightweight hi-viz wind top from the Mountain Warehouse for about £20.

Packs down to about the size of a clenched fist.

Stow it under saddle with ease.

Not rain or shower proof.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I have the Endura FS260 Jetstream Pro Jersey. I think it's great although not cheap, I paid around £55 for it. It is not a loose fit either, I had to go up a size from normal to get into it.

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

where'd you get this for £35?
My favourite wind proof is the montane featherlite because of its size and breath-ability at a reasonable price £35 iirc. As an aside its also shower-proof. I would recommend trying it on thought to see if you like the fit :-)

vickster

Legendary Member
I wondered that too, and think he means the running one? Rather than the velo or certainly the H20?

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

merlin cycles are the cheapest in the blue colour that i like, think ill go for this colour as it matches my bike :thumbsup: thanks for the reply mate, i wouldn't have noticed this jacket to be honest..
I think it was CRC, I've had mine a while now, bah i've just looked and they are up to £45. From a quick google Amazon have got them at £35 :becool:

Top Bottom