which would be better?Tyre size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cockney

My tyre size is 26x1.95 cause tyre i want is not available in this size which would be beter 26x2.0 or 26x1.75 i will mainly be doing road riding.

Also which would be easier to put on or is there no difference

1.75 will do you fine on the road. I'd even think about narrower if your tyre choice is available in it.

Width really shouldn't make much difference in itself. What will make a difference is changing to a different tyre (brand, model) and the rims you are using. I've got ones I can do with thumbs alone and some that are complete pigs to get on.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
1.75 will do you fine on the road. I'd even think about narrower if your tyre choice is available in it.

Width really shouldn't make much difference in itself. What will make a difference is changing to a different tyre (brand, model) and the rims you are using. I've got ones I can do with thumbs alone and some that are complete pigs to get on.

Width will make a bigger difference than brand.

Width will make a bigger difference than brand.

Wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference within the range the OP is talking about. ie. 0.25" either side of the originals.

One of my bikes gets switched between Schwalbe Marathon+ and Marathon Winters, same size, same brand, same rims.
The winters are a fair bit easier to get on and having read threads on here in the past it looks like some rim/tyre combinations are harder to fit than others.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference within the range the OP is talking about. ie. 0.25" either side of the originals.

One of my bikes gets switched between Schwalbe Marathon+ and Marathon Winters, same size, same brand, same rims.
The winters are a fair bit easier to get on and having read threads on here in the past it looks like some rim/tyre combinations are harder to fit than others.

Your comparing tyres which are built to do different jobs, have different properties, different weights. The marathon + is specifically designed to protect against nearly everything that is thrown at it, as such it is heavy and very tight fitting.

Gaz,
yup my tyres are for different jobs, and M+ are noted for being a swine to fit. Schwalbe makes lots of different tyres, all for different applications. I was just trying to point out that there is more to how easy a tyre will be to fit than its width alone as both types are exactly the same size.
Width is a factor (both on rims and frame clearance) but I'd be surprised if it makes any difference to fitting for the OP

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I should probably read the first post before i comment, i was talking about something else :laugh:
I'll get my coat
wave.gif

Top Bottom