While you were out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
We've just had this email circulated at work about a scam doing the rounds. I thought I would just share it, particularly if you're in Essex:

You may want to circulate this around family and friends especially as Christmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize .

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

Terry Rackley

Incident Management Unit.
Essex Police - Harlow
Ext 20029 or 20028

Mr Phoebus

That scam was shut down in late 2005.

Next? ;)

Tesco Scam

Another scam worth mentioning and which you should be aware of, I don't how many of you shop at Tesco; but, I am sending this to you to warn you of something that has happened to me, it is a very clever scam prepatrated whilst you’re out shopping.

This happened to me so it could happen to you.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 18-year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping in the boot.

They both start wiping your windscreen with a rag water and Windolene, they are wearing skimpy wet t-shirts and in this cold weather it's impossible not to look. :smile:

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you if you could give them a ride to another Tesco store. You agree and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start making love to each other.

Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and makes love to you, :biggrin: while the other one steals your wallet. :ohmy:

I had my wallet stolen last Friday, Saturday, twice on Sunday, and again on Monday. :blush:

Don't let this happen to you!

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
ArDee said:
I had my wallet stolen last Friday, Saturday, twice on Sunday, and again on Monday. :ohmy:

Don't let this happen to you!
2 for 1 offer on, eh? :blush:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
If a man knocks at your door claiming to be carrying out a survey and asking to see your @rse, don't believe him - he just wants to look at your @rse.

I wish someone had warned me before he called at my house - I feel so cheap and used... :blush:

Top Bottom