whinging wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was never a fan of Armstrong, no matter how many newbie fans were to be seen riding Trek bikes in US Postal jerseys. And the same has been true of Wiggins, no matter how many newbies worship him. I've been following cycling too long to be taken in by peer pressure, I select my favourite riders with more discernment.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I've just reread the interviews which supposedly caused the OP to go off on one about Wiggins 'whinging', and it seems quite clear that the OP completely misses the point. Not just a little bit. Entirely. By miles.

The whole point of Wiggins's candid observations is a kind of confessional - he's painfully honest about his feelings and reactions to the ups and downs of his life in pro-cycling - and he puts the 'blame' (if you want to call it that) for his behaviour and his loss of passion for cycling at times, solely on himself and his failings:

"I lost track of that (passion) and I got caught up in trying to win the Tour de France and trying to act cool in interviews and acting like I didn't care and all this and now I accept it. I love this sport and always will, I love everything about it."

In other words, he's a better and more honest person than most in understanding his shortcomings.

Top Bottom