Whiplash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This year was going to be the year I started training from January instead of April ish when the weather is better.
Doing the giving alcohol up as many others on here are, and got myself a turbo.
Problem is I was hit on the drivers side of my car on dec 12th, by a woman who decided give way signs didn't apply to her and came straight out of a side road. Pretty substantial damage to my car and police, paramedics called as my head hit drivers window with some force. Now suffering from whiplash with regular physio every week. Anyway tried the turbo the other day and after approx 15 mins the pain was very bad. Anybody had whiplash and how long before you were back on your bike pain free?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It can take some time to recover from it. Don't over do it, and don't put your neck in a brace as this makes the recovery longer (more recent medical advice than years ago).

I've had it myself, but it was a rear ended in the car. Wasn't too bad as I was a regular road cyclist, so your muscles in the back of the neck get strong. My wife was much worse though.

Thing is, treatment, exercise, rest, and repeat. You'll be back in a few months.

How much cycling had you been doing prior to this, as cycling does strain the neck anyway.

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
It can take some time to recover from it. Don't over do it, and don't put your neck in a brace as this makes the recovery longer (more recent medical advice than years ago).

I've had it myself, but it was a rear ended in the car. Wasn't too bad as I was a regular road cyclist, so your muscles in the back of the neck get strong. My wife was much worse though.

Thing is, treatment, exercise, rest, and repeat. You'll be back in a few months.

How much cycling had you been doing prior to this, as cycling does strain the neck anyway.
I'm ashamed to say I hadn't been out since September,

Berties

Fast and careful!
i had a accident a couple of years back,and suffered whiplash,i to got a physio session every week and felt like i was a piece of meat going through the gravy train of insurance legal bodies,i took another avenue and billed my insurance company separate, i did Pilates,improved my posture,strengthened my neck and did the job,most instructors are past experts in neck and back injuries,but you will need to build back up on the bike slowly,
good luck

Top Bottom