White chalk hills UCX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
I've just sent my entry off for this. Has/is anyone else doing it? A mate of mine did it last year and said it's a real tyre shredder so I might invest in a pair of Schwalbe land cruisers to try and keep the flats down to a minimum (hopefully!). Anyone else got any recommendations for tough off road tyres for a crosser?

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
That sounds like good fun. Let us know how you get on!

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
Well, I fulfilled the three obligaions: Finish, Don't die & don't finish last. Utterly brutal, there's no riding around here that's remotely like that round here both in terrain & climbing, but it is a gorgeous ride and the organisers are good fun. Give it a go next year, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/7432999

eastbourne.jpg 1st hill.jpg long man.jpg mud magnet.jpg

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
In hindsight the two biggest surprises were that I didn't get one puncture and the bike got round in one piece. It's certainly taken a right hammering.

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
As it happens, a pair of Schwalbe Rocket Rons came up cheap on Ebay (£16 delivered) and I stuck the pair I already had on the principle that if I kill them, it's not the end of the world. I'm pretty certain it was more luck than judgement!

Spartak