White Rose Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've just signed up for the WRC on 28th June.

Saw the ride profile and bottled out of the longest run ;), just doing the 133km middle distance ride.

Anyone else doing this?

spinningspen

Yes,i've signed up for the middle distance route for the White Rose Challenge...am looking forward to it already.The 133km route still looks tough but by then i hope to have better legs for it.I will be doing the 100mile reliability ride starting from Brigg in Lincolnshire on 15th February which will help me get going...the guy who has prepared the route has put a lot of effort into it and all sounds good with some decent climbing on the latter half of the ride........showers available at the finish and its free to enter...bargain!!

Im in for the 133k too, really looking forward to it. Got plenty of miles planned prior, particularly a 200k 300k and 400k audaxes.

colly

Re member eR
I'm going to stick my name on this one too.
I like the idea of doing the whole route but seeing as I expect to be doing a real long ride the week before maybe I will opt for the shorter mid distance.

goodspeed

I've signed up for the 133k but Only been cycling a couple of months, so training's already begun at weekends, around 35miles so far.:biggrin: There was some training runs on the route last month but haven't heard of any recently!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Cannot recommend this highly enough. I've done it every year it's been on the calendar and it's got better each time. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to do it this year as we go to Italy for the Maratona Dolomiti two days after it and I want to do the best I can over there.

andyfromotley

i did it last year when it was called the white rose classic and it was very well organised but it was run by BC last year? The white rose classic has moved up the dales to hawes on 19 july. i have signed uo for that one and will probably do this one too. Just be careful that you are signing upt to the right one!

andy

Paul_L

Über Member
i like the idea of this.

But as i'm new to cycling i think i'll just opt for the 80km route.

Is there a time limit?

My steady flat pace is approx 15-16mph so i don't want to get left behind.

I work around the route a lot so i know the roads pretty well. Not sure if that's a good thing or not!!!:hyper::laugh:

Top Bottom