'White Van Man' Jailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Although, looking at it, it's more pink!
Appalling behaviour, the A65, north of Gargrave, is not a road to mess about on at all

A lot of corners, even now, with 'double-whites' & 40MPH (or 50MPH) sections seem to have bits of vehicle on them (particularly m/cycles) or wreaths

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-60302411

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Had a white van driver pull out on me this morning so that I had to brake to avoid a collision. He was emerging from a side road on my left & saw me but went anyway, counting on me to brake. I would not have bothered reporting him but for the mobile phone he was also staring at in his right hand as he emerged across my path.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
the A65, north of Gargrave, is not a road to mess about on at all
I have only cycled that once and swore never to do it again. It was a Sunday evening and it was pouring with rain. Visibility through the spray thrown up by speeding traffic was only a few metres.

I was amazed by how busy the road was. Given the number of caravans, campervans, coaches and cars towing boats, I assume that it was people heading back to West Yorkshire after a weekend in the Lake District.

As for the champagne-swigging, fag-rolling, phone-using moron driver... Yes, I would ban him for life if I had the power.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
He is a dangerous idiot.
8 months, out in 4. £100 to a cornflake that he drives while banned.
Hopefully the police will catch him if/when he does and put him away again.

I just looked up the maximum sentence for driving under disqualification - 6 months and a £5,000 fine. Unless he is drinking again and has another accident, of couse... :whistle:

Top Bottom