White van man....kn*b head or what

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Forgot to about this earlier in the week.
I rode to back to work to collect my dads car that I had borrowed.
Anyhow, I get to the mini roundabout not 300 yards from my front door and I look left and right, clear, I cross, then matey boy in his white tranny van comes along and makes me stop dead. My jaw drops as he looks at me as if I'd woken him from a deep sleep, eyes barely recognising my existance, no seat belt, one hand on the wheel, the other holding a can of Stella.

No I didn't get his number as he sped off.........I was gob smacked, speechless.....and my brain didn't think about getting his VRN...;)...wish I had of done.......
The amount of bad (well...shouldn't be on the road really) car drivers I see both on my bike and in my car is at an alarming increase of late...what the hell is going on?;):ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hopefully "evolution" will kick in and such drivers will not live long enough to breed. Pl*nk*rs

Today on the club ride we had several drivers indicate with raised finger or other such gesture to us on our bikes. WTF. We have a right to ride on the road too. Pl*nk*rs

Bigtallfatbloke

what the hell is going on?

...they are the end result of decades of social 'couldn't give a shoot about anybody except myself' attitudes. They are the drop outs of our educational system...a bunch of no hope losers who deal with all situations by being loud, abusive and above all ignorant. I know these people, unfortunately I have the misfortune of living amoungst many of them. Scum.

If I were a police officer I would show these creeps no mercy.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Bigtallfatbloke said:
If I were a police officer I would show these creeps no mercy.

I used to be.....but when they get locked up they are back out in 5 mins reoffending...as you rightly say...they don't give a damn. I can soon see a vigilante approach starting up in this country soon. The amount of vehicles passing so close by is scary too. I know my Dad was scared witless on his first ride out on the roads in years...it didn't help when 3 x cars sped past on a twisting country lane with tyres squealing away....idiots. I love my cars...but I respect other people who use the road and I respect the laws. Shame that the increasing amount of people these days don't. ;)

Pete

Trouble is, many drivers of these same White Vans are useful people, traders of some kind, deliveryman, builder, plumber, and so on, guys whose services you've likely had to call upon at some time or other. We can't just drive the White Van per se off the road, society would collapse. Education is what you need. Perhaps it should start at school?

I ;):blush:;) - er - was an 'honorary' WVM last year: drove a (rented) White Van several hundred miles. I tried to drive it as I would like other WVMen to drive their vehicles. I hope I didn't cut up any cyclists - nor anyone else.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

lol...It's only the minority that make the reputation Pete as you know...;) I can still picture the 'Stoned' faraway look on this chaps face with Stella in hand...I laughed...I wasn't even angry at all....

We also have a white van - a vauxhall combo. It's funny - when you go places in it and get into conversations with people, they always ask you what you do. They assume that because you're a white van owner, you must be a tradesperson of some kind, and that, if they get to know you, you'll do some work for them on the cheap. Wherever we go we leave a trail of disappointed cheap skates behind us ;)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I drive a pickup, rather battered. (The indestructable Hilux, no less). Not because I'm a builder - actually its main use is to carry a dismountable camper. But your Man in the Street doesn't know that. On several occasions, people have seen me getting into or out of it and asked if I know who can do such and such a job, or what sort of screws are needed to fix this or that.

I'm thinking of charging a commission to the guys I've reccommended.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Uncle Phil said:
I drive a pickup, rather battered. (The indestructable Hilux, no less).

Shhh! Don't tell simoncc but I watched that on Top Gear !

vbc

Still not on the road in car or on bike due to nasty accident, which means that I'm doing a lot of walking lately.

Went to get my hair cut this morning then continued on to Tesco. Just rounded the corner and bumped into my current WVM hate figure, the guy who parks on the pavement forcing people to walk into the road or over peoples gardens! Very much a residential area near a school so what are parents with push chairs or walking toddlers supposed to do? Like wise, the elderly & disabled people in wheel chairs? But hey, as long as it's convenient for the selfish b**tard.

Having said all that (glad to get it off my chest), the first guy on the scene after my bike accident was a blue van man who stopped and jumped out with a first aid kit and stayed with me and my riding partner until the ambulance turned up. Kept 'phoning my mate during my hospitalisation to check on my progress.

They're not all bad, even though it sometimes seems that way.

asterix

Comrade Member
I'm a WV owner - it's used to take stuff across the channel: tools and furniture one way, wine the other. I never drink the wine until I reach my destination though. Strangely enough its better to drive long distance than the car as it just trundles along at a steady rate - no pressure.

Years ago I did drive vans as part of my job. We had to clear a lorry off the ferry in Felixstowe through customs, offload some stuff, and take it to drop-offs in Ipswich, Basildon and Maidenhead then back to Felixstowe. Hated it simply because of the deadlines we had to meet - it was all 'just-in-time' spares for industrial machinery. No way you could meet the times and keep to the speed limit. I'd never do a driving job again.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
asterix said:
I'm a WV owner - it's used to take stuff across the channel: tools and furniture one way, wine the other. I never drink the wine until I reach my destination though. Strangely enough its better to drive long distance than the car as it just trundles along at a steady rate - no pressure.

Years ago I did drive vans as part of my job. We had to clear a lorry off the ferry in Felixstowe through customs, offload some stuff, and take it to drop-offs in Ipswich, Basildon and Maidenhead then back to Felixstowe. Hated it simply because of the deadlines we had to meet - it was all 'just-in-time' spares for industrial machinery. No way you could meet the times and keep to the speed limit. I'd never do a driving job again.

Employer should have been reported........ Indeed I think recently an employer was prosecuted for just that requirement placed on employees.

Top Bottom