Whithorn Way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spotted new signs for this in Ayr yesterday. Goes from Glasgow to Whithorn 143miles
Will check out, thanks. Had never even heard of withorn.
I assume atheists/devil worshippers are allowed on the holy trail.
anyone ridden any parts of it/ (I assume it existed before in parts)

It looks like it follows existing paths, it follows NCN7 the entire way between Paisley and Troon, at least.
Far be it for me to judge, but walking past the Glasgow Science Centre and Braehead seems to be quite opposite to a pilgrimage, although it might put the fear of god into one...

I visited Whithorn and the isle on a school trip when I was 12 years old. The main memory I have of it was getting to walk around an active archaeological dig and seeing an open, shallow grave and the skeletal occupant thereof. :sad:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It looks like it follows existing paths, it follows NCN7 the entire way between Paisley and Troon, at least.
Far be it for me to judge, but walking past the Glasgow Science Centre and Braehead seems to be quite opposite to a pilgrimage, although it might put the fear of god into one...

I visited Whithorn and the isle on a school trip when I was 12 years old. The main memory I have of it was getting to walk around an active archaeological dig and seeing an open, shallow grave and the skeletal occupant thereof. :sad:
I used to cycle around that area quite a lot as the roads were not too busy except for the A75 tho' for short distances to get to another side road it was doable with care and as fast as possible. No cyclepaths then. I was based at Garlieston at the caravan site there. The old mill has been demolished and replaced with twee flats.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Galloway Tanks. Penkiln Farm. Garlieston DG88AB Phone 01988 600639
Visible from the caravan site I think.

Galloway Tanks. Penkiln Farm. Garlieston DG88AB Phone 01988 600639
What protocols do they have to stop an unhinged individual from just driving off with the tank a la the 1995 San Diego Tank Chase?

I ask because this is the kind of thing me and my mates would love to do once the *gestures vaguely at everything* goes away, but there's one of them (not me, surprisingly) who perhaps cannot be trusted to not laugh maniacally and drive off in the direction of the A75 in an M1A1 Abrams

Last edited:
OP
OP
gasinayr

gasinayr

Über Member
What protocols do they have to stop an unhinged individual from just driving off with the tank a la the 1995 San Diego Tank Chase?

I ask because this is the kind of thing me and my mates would love to do once the *gestures vaguely at everything* goes away, but there's one of them (not me, surprisingly) who perhaps cannot be trusted to not laugh maniacally and drive off in the direction of the A75 in an M1A1 Abrams
www.gallowaytanks.co.uk

Top Bottom