Who are you reminded of?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Umm, wait - it'll come to me in a minute...
:ohmy:

(As an aside, it's really not that much of a hassle to fit "fenders")

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Landslide - YMMV, but I think it's one of those things that varies, tbh. Fitting them to the Giant SCR2.0 is a pain in the backside, because of the limited amount of room in some places. I can't remember it being that hard to fit them on my hybrid though.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
True, true...

Does anyone else find themselves utterly perplexed by the term "fenders"? For me, this equates to "bumpers" (as found on cars), and I can't imagine the bike equivalent doing the same job??? :ohmy:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Landslide said:
Does anyone else find themselves utterly perplexed by the term "fenders"? For me, this equates to "bumpers" (as found on cars), and I can't imagine the bike equivalent doing the same job??? :biggrin:
I think it's cos they fend off the rain... fenders on a car fend off other cars, pedestrians etc. Fender on a guitar means you fend off other musicians. :ohmy:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

It's one of those Merkin terms. Still an exceedingly well observed cartoon strip though.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
We were going to take a photo of Team CC lined up at the end of the Pedal For Scotland ride, as many of us had no mudguards and got some striping from the sea-sprayed road along the Forth. We thought it might disprove something that someone once said on these forums.... :biggrin:

Top Bottom