Why can't I find shorts that will fit me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba1off

Hi again!
I've been trying to find a pair of good quality cycling shorts!
The problem is that I'm a fat git with a weight of around 19st. I have a pair of lycra riding shorts that I wear under a pair of baggy shorts purchased cheap of the peg that I wear over the lycra. Now I would really like a pair of shorts that are comfy and padded, but can I find any!!!!!!!
I have looked at the size charts by some of the major suppliers and XL shorts go upto 38".
Why are large people discriminated against?
Mark

C

chillyuk

I am a 44/46 waist and can recommend these shorts available in very big sizes. I have several pairs, and actually find the 42-44 waist the best.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Prendas are good:-

http://www.prendas.co.uk/

you can search by size or call them they're very helpful, the prices are generally very good for the kit as well. Basically you're getting the stuff cheap as it is older model replica team kit. I'm not far short of your weight and I have 5 sets of bib shorts from them, you can still wear baggies over bib shorts but probably want to get lightweight ones if doing so. The negative is that you'll be cycling around in the equivalent of 5 year old Scunthorpe United away kit :biggrin: But, as I don't have a clue what the colours or team names represent, I couldn't care less.

Top Bottom