why Km

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

miles all the way for me, simply because i dont no how long a km is in comparese to miles, and miles sound better

like you would say i went on a proper long ride today, road kilometres. you would say, went on a proper long ride today, road miles....

gavintc

Guru
I have always used km, but my new edge 705 is set up in miles and I have not yet changed it over. I do prefer km - not sure why. I think it is because I spent much of my early adult life outside UK.

mr-marty-martin said:
miles all the way for me, simply because i dont no how long a km is in comparese to miles, and miles sound better

like you would say i went on a proper long ride today, road kilometres. you would say, went on a proper long ride today, road miles....
I a mile man too but I think a 100km ride sounds better and longer than 62.15mls :smile:

Randochap

Senior hunter
i dont no how long a km is in comparese to miles, and miles sound better

If I'm translating you correctly, you are unfamiliar with the formula to convert miles to kilometres. One mile = 1.62 kilometres.

mr-marty-martin said:
well not to me it doesnt, when people say stuff in km's to me i just rate it down if you get me...

I'm not so sure I do "get" you. Why don't you "rate up" one of your typical rides (muliply by 1.62), so that us kilometre-centric cyclists can relate to your distances?

dodgy

mr-marty-martin said:
well not to me it doesnt, when people say stuff in km's to me i just rate it down if you get me...

+1 (I multiply by 6 and move the decimal point one place in my head)

Keith Oates

Janner
I always use Kms because I've been in countries that use them for many years now, as others have said doing the mental conversions on long rides helps pass the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom