Why no TV ads for new bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Wot with the oil price etc I'd would have thought the bigger bike peeps at least (trek Giant etc) would be flooding the the telly with ads...I thing this is important because I would rather look at a bike ad than another 4x4 ad:biggrin:

It's only the likes of Halfords who can afford TV ads.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I would of thought that most bike manufacturers were running at near to financial ruin as it was, without the exuberant costs of TV ads. It is a shame that bike manufacturers can't advertise on main stream TV but their budgets won't stretch to it.

fossyant said:
Oh yes...just a picture does it.....:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

TV adverts really only work if you can hit a large percentage of the viewers. We almost all use soap powder or toothpaste, use a bank, supermarket or whatever.

Put a bike advert on a TV program with 1 million viewers and probably only 2% of them will be cyclists so you waste 98% of your advertising cost even before you have sorted out the cyclists who are looking for a new bike.

By comparison, if you advertise in a cycling magazine you can be fairly sure you will be hitting an audiance of 100% cyclists.

They are both pictures by the way. One still with writing the other moving with someone reading out the words.

You will not get TV adverts for anything that is too much in the minority.

So what is the problem with that?

Go to Holland and they may have bike adverts!

Top Bottom