Why oh Why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Did i think that a 18kg MTB and 5KG back pack was going to be good for commuting on when i have a 1000ft of climbing today on my 13 mile ride - with the 90% of the climbing between miles 5 and 11.............what a d**k

blush.gif

Heck, even my very old - almost BSO worthy - full sus MTB is only 15kg!

At least you get to go fast the other way? ;)

John90

Über Member
Did i think that a 18kg MTB and 5KG back pack was going to be good for commuting on when i have a 1000ft of climbing today on my 13 mile ride - with the 90% of the climbing between miles 5 and 11.............what a d**k

blush.gif

I'll say it before someone else does. MTFU.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I'll say it before someone else does. MTFU.

Normally i would agree with you - but this was only my 3rd commute and i have only been back cycling or 5 months after a 10yr hiatus......

and during that time i had gained nearly 7 stone. But i am MTFU cause so far it has helped me lose 4 of those 7 stones
tongue.gif

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
*ahem*

Our (and that is the Royal use of the first person plural pronoun in the possessive case) road bike weighs a mere 8Kg.

We scoffs at a mere 13 miles, and we laughs in the face of 1000 vertical feet.

I thank you kindly.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian

blush.gif

Look at it this way. It is blood good training and if you do get a lighter bike you will be flying up the hills :smile:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

18kg! good gods is it made of lead?
you'll have legs like hoy in no time.

i wish - HOY is a machine :biggrin:

Gonna be using the road bike from now on me thinks

*ahem*

Our (and that is the Royal use of the first person plural pronoun in the possessive case) road bike weighs a mere 8Kg.

We scoffs at a mere 13 miles, and we laughs in the face of 1000 vertical feet.

I thank you kindly.

Where in Hampshire would you find 1000 vertical feet? In fact last week I stood on top of the Purbeck hills at only 412ft and I could see right across most of Hampshire.

Top Bottom