Why oh why.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
...... Did I take the road bike this morning! Note to self "You complete and utter muppet!" ice all over the place on the side roads and ice spikers on my other bike in the shed! Never again serious brown trouser moments this morning, all because I couldn't be bothered to sort something out on it last night. Lesson learnt!

BSRU

A Human Being
During this type of weather my default tyres are Marathon Winters, if was forecast to be below 0 this morning and with all the wet roads it would have been an ice rink.
Fortunately, it was +1.5 and the roads were just wet, could not be arsed to change wheels as the forecast for tonight is -6 so the Winters will be needed for the next few days.

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I'll be sorting my other bike out tonight. -4 tonight. A chap at work today came down the hill braked to pull onto the carpark and carried on sliding down the road. I should of known what it was going to be like with all the snow melting. But I didn't think it had to be that cold last night round here.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
TBH I probably would have bottled it today and yesterday. Didn't have to make the choice though as I had to be back home sharpish and there is potentially a 30 min difference between bike and car. I was thankful of the enforced decision as even in the car I had the longest (nearly) controlled slide I've ever had. About 100yds downhill, towards a RAB, on the wrong side of the road, so as to avoid the workmate driving just in front of me. I got into the works yard to find half a dozen guys miming the action of holding up scorecards!
Then found out they were there as I was the 3rd to lose it on there and that one of my workmates (who'd decided to ride in) had ended up taking the RAB on his arse, still clipped in.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Crikey - you don't want more damage to your shoulder. I noticed the roads start freezing at about 7pm last night, bad by 9pm. I'd just cleaned and lubed the fixed road bike, so it was a quick lube of the MTB and made ready to go. Side roads and Trans Pennine were frozen ice rinks. Well not to the Snow Studs. Oh and no back brake freeze after I cleaned out the cable.

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Crikey - you don't want more damage to your shoulder. I noticed the roads start freezing at about 7pm last night, bad by 9pm. I'd just cleaned and lubed the fixed road bike, so it was a quick lube of the MTB and made ready to go. Side roads and Trans Pennine were frozen ice rinks. Well not to the Snow Studs. Oh and no back brake freeze after I cleaned out the cable.

I know the last thing I need is another off. I should of sorted the other bike out. No excuse, First thing I'm doing when I get back is to sort it out. I'm not repeating this again, it's just not worth it.

Top Bottom