Wiggins in the Tour of Switzerland - SPOILER ALERT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The way froome competed after his crash, maybe he should have pulled out too. He was nothing more than shocking on the final two days of the dauphine
It's the work you put in when things are going badly that pay dividends when they're going well. You need to be able to ride through the days when you're on you're knees to develop the toughness to compete at the highest level.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Like Quintana on the Giro?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It's the work you put in when things are going badly that pay dividends when they're going well. You need to be able to ride through the days when you're on you're knees to develop the toughness to compete at the highest level.
I think wiggins has proved himself over the years to be fair and at 34 i dont think riding on after a bad crash is going to help. Do you???

400bhp

Guru
Both crashes highlight the fragility of an "all-your-eggs-in-one-(Froome-shaped)-basket" policy for the TdF. Say Sky lose Froome to a crash in the first week...........what happens then?

^^ This ^^ . It seems weird for a team that is so corporate focussed too.

400bhp

Guru
You hardly ever get a plan B option, as riders sacrifice themselves for the leader or are not thinking of GC because it's not their role, so are well down the GC when the leader goes out. I can think of only one time off the top of my head when it happened and that was the first year Ulrich won it when he was there to support Riise. Slightly differently Roche won the Giro when he was meant to be riding as support but in general there's no plan B and there's good reason there isn't.

But then you don't get cobbles much early one when everyone's on the same time.

The Couch

Über Member
Both crashes highlight the fragility of an "all-your-eggs-in-one-(Froome-shaped)-basket" policy for the TdF. Say Sky lose Froome to a crash in the first week...........what happens then?
The same as with most teams... they hope that the super-dom can go for a top 10 placing or that the team can win some stages.
(e.g. when like JVDB, Vino and Wiggo crashed out in 2011, or Rodriguez in this year's Giro,...)

Top Bottom